Thursday, January 19, 2012

It's About Men, Women, Sex, No Sex, Friendship...

I recently caved after a few years without movies by mail, and decided to sign up for Netflix.  There have been so many nights that I wanted to watch an older movie, or catch up on a season of the latest TV show, but I have been trapped by what Redbox has to offer that week.  So, I finally did it.  I caved and purchased Netflix instant streaming.

It took me a whole 30 minutes to figure out how to set up a Playstation 3 so that I could finish watching The Walking Dead (which I quickly became obsessed with) but it was well worth it.  Netflix has opened my world up to a number of movies I never even heard of.  Including one great 80s hit called "About Last Night" Although Demi Moore looks like she is 21 and Rob Lowe has long hair, the movie brings up so many relative conversations about relationships, friendships, and everything in between.

It crazy to see how close to comes to actual relationships and the fear of commitment, the craziness of women, how we over react, are afraid to react, hide our emotions, show our emotions.  Although stressful to watch at times, it reminds me of so many things I have feared, thought about, or even did at one point in a relationship.  If you are a single lady and looking for a movie to remind you about the ups and downs of relationships I highly recommend adding it to your instant queue.

Gone are the days of running to the local Blockbuster to pick a movie off the shelves.  Now-a-days if you aren't Netflixing you aren't seeing what you are missing in the movie world.

No comments:

Post a Comment